Kids dentists are called pediatric dentists. Pediatric dentistry (formerly pedodontics) is the branch of dentistry dealing with children from birth through adolescence. The specialty of pediatric dentistry is recognized by the American Dental Association. Dr. Maryam Mohammadi completed her specialty at Boston University and she has been practicing limited to pediatric dentistry in Mclean VA and Washington DC since 1995.
In order to become a specialized kids dentist, one should receive additional in-depth training from an accredited postgraduate residency program. Pediatric dentistry residency program takes 24 months in length. Specialized training covers all aspects of oral health care from infancy through adolescence, encompassing behavior management, preventive dentistry, restorative dentistry, sedation dentistry, oral trauma management, interceptive orthodontics, oral medicine and pathology. Dr. Mohammadi residency training was divided between Boston University School of dental medicine pediatric clinic and Franciscan Children Hospital in Boston, MA.
What Types of Treatments Do we provide at Beverly Pediatric Dentistry?
Beverly Pediatric Dentistry provides comprehensive oral health care that includes the following:
- Infant oral health exams, which include risk assessment for caries in mother and child
- Preventive dental care including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations
- Habit counseling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking)
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics/ Braces)
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
- Management of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, and pediatric periodontal disease
- Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
A Pediatric Dentist — The Best dental Care For kids
Children are not just small adults. They are not always able to be patient and cooperative during a dental exam. A pediatric dentist knows how to examine and treats children in ways that makes them comfortable. In addition, a pediatric dentist uses specially designed equipment in offices that are arranged and decorated with children in mind.
A kids dentist offers a wide range of treatment options, as well as expertise and training to care for your child’s teeth, gums, and mouth. When your pediatrician suggests that your child receive a dental exam, you can be assured that a pediatric dentist will provide the best possible care.
Beverly Pediatric Dentistry has two convenient locations near Adams Morgan Washington, DC. Mclean office: 1363 Beverly Road, suite 250, Mclean VA 22101 T: 703-752-2200 Washington DC office: 1426 21st Street, 2nd floor Washington DC 20036 T: 202-331-3474
Call us for a consultation visit. We are looking forward to meeting you and your family.